Tuesday 1 October 2013

Post 365: Becoming a Citizen of Change

So here it is (written 30th September 2013): post number 365 of 365 in my '365 days to change the world' daily blogging challenge! For those of you who are new to my blog, I started this challenge on 1st October 2012, dedicating myself to post a tip, organisation, cause, issue or inspiration every day for 1 whole year to help each of us to figure out how we can make a difference to the world we live in. You can read my first post 'New Year's Resolution... in October!' to find out exactly what inspired me and why I committed myself to do this a year ago.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog so far and that you have been inspired and helped to find your place in standing for change and making a difference in the world that we live in. I have loved writing this blog and finding out more about those who are in need and the organisations and individuals who are standing in the gap on their behalves. 

Over this year, I have become even more convinced that I want to be one of those individuals, a 'citizen of change', and, with over 14,500 views in just one year (thank you to each and every one of you for reading and sharing!), I have realised that using my voice and sharing what I am discovering is step one of many more steps to facilitate this! So, I am glad to announce, I will be continuing with this blog! :) I may not post every single day (though I will aim to), but I will post as regularly as I can, so please do stay tuned (you can follow this blog using your gmail account or by email if you wish) and please keep sharing on facebook and twitter! I have also been invited to post in an online community called 'The Mandela Project', started by two of Nelson Mandela's grandsons as a way of bringing together citizens of change and allowing them to share their thoughts, inspiration, causes and organisations online. 

So I will leave you with the same thought at the end of this year as I did at the start with a quote from my post on 1st October 2012 ('New Year's Resolution... in October!'):

"So here I am again, 1st October… This year, instead of giving up a bad habit, I have decided to form a positive one, birthed out of the passion I feel for making a positive difference in this world and in the lives of others. I want to be bold for God and to make a difference in this world that He has entrusted to us. Like my good friend @JamiePoch wrote on his Twitter bio: “I want it to be said of me:'He took risks, not eating raw cookie dough kind of risks, but risks that challenged himself &others to do something daring for God.'”.. well, I agree!"

Stay tuned to find out about my 'New Year's Resolution... October 2013'!

Blessings!

Ronell x

{photo credit: http://tylerknott.com/}

No comments:

Post a Comment