Saturday 9 November 2013

Ashton Kutcher Inspiring Young People

Ashton Kutcher inspired young people with his amazing acceptance speech on teen choice awards 2013. Ashton has taken the opportunity to be honest with his fans, to try to stop the perpetration of celebrity/fame as easy and something they are entitled to. He gives 3 insider tips to success:

1) Opportunity: "opportunity looks a lot like hard work"... "I never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. And every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job and I never quit my job until I had my next job. And so, opportunities look a lot like work."

2) Being Sexy: "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart and being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap, I promise you! Crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don't buy it!"  

3) Living Life: "Steve Jobs said, 'When you grow up, you get told that the world is the way that it is and that your life is to live your life inside of the world and not to get in too much trouble and maybe get an education, and get a job, and make some money, and have a family.. But life can be a lot broader than that when you realise one simple thing: and that is that everything that is around us that we call 'life' was made up by people who are no smarter than you and you can build your own thing, you can build your own life that other people can live in.' So build a life!" 

"So don't live one- build one! Find your opportunities, and ALWAYS be sexy (smart). Love you guys!"

Ellen DeGeneres was so impressed with his speech, that she invited him on The Ellen Show, where he gives another inspiring speech in response to her thanking him for his first speech, including gems like: 

"Working hard and being generous and thoughtful and smart is a path to a better life." 

"There is an entitlement that starts to emerge.. [people] don't want to get a job at Starbucks because they think it's below them. I think the only thing that can be below you is to not have a job... Go work until you can get the job that you want to have" 


Success is inextricably linked to hard work people! 

Thank you, Ashton Kutcher.

Blessings! 


Ronell x


No comments:

Post a Comment