Wednesday 6 November 2013

Support Service Men and Women {Hope For The Warriors} // Sevenly

I am loving Sevenly's site revamp! Still getting use to it, but loving it! 

This week Sevenly is supporting Hope for the Warriors. The mission of Hope For The Warriors is to enhance the quality of life for service members (including post-9/11), their families, and families of the fallen who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors is dedicated to restoring a sense of self, restoring the family unit, and restoring hope for service members and military families.Hope For The Warriors understands the challenges, pride, and joy of being a military family.

This week's cause is particularly close to my heart at the moment as my cousin returned from his first (and hopefully last) tour in Afghanistan last week. His tour may have been short, but I know I speak for our family (both in the UK and in South Africa), and for his girlfriend and her family, when I say that it felt like our hearts were outside our bodies and we held our breaths until the moment we knew he was back home. I am very proud of him, but more than anything, I am just happy that I will finally be seeing him again in 2 days time! He is like a brother to me and the knowing that he was in a conflict zone has been horrendous. I thank God every day for keeping him safe and for bringing him home. 

His time in Afghan made me think of all the families who are not only separated from their loved ones for much longer periods of time.. but even worse, those who lose loved ones in conflict, or in the trauma they suffer post-conflict. 

Be a part of saying thank you and making a difference in the lives of these service men and women and their families by supporting them directly here, or by buying vests, tshirts, jumpers/sweaters and many, many other items from Sevenly's online store

Blessings!

Ronell x


{photo credit: sevenly.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment