Friday 15 November 2013

Teenagers Giving Generously to Operation Christmas Child

Two weeks ago today, I stood before my whole school (I am a teacher) and challenged them to do something different this Christmas: to do good and to give and love, not the people they know, but the strangers that they don't- the ones that God calls us to give to and love. I was due to speak in the Primary assembly, but was inspired to set a challenge for the Senior pupils as well.

I explained to them about Operation Christmas Child and how they could help. The Senior school is divided into 4 houses with male and female house captains. The challenge I set was for each house to split into a boys and girls team (but to work together) to decorate and fill at least 2 shoeboxes (one for a boy and one for a girl) per house.

The deadline was today and I have just finished checking the boxes... I am blown away and moved to tears by the love, thoughtfulness, generosity, passion and enthusiasm with which the Senior School children responded to the Operation Christmas Child challenge that I set them 2 weeks ago, handing in almost double the assigned number of boxes with the most gorgeous and thoughtful cards and gifts! I am so touched! I was amazed at how thoughtful and sentimental some of those boxes are and I have no doubt that the children who receive them will be incredibly blessed! My prayer over each of those boxes (and the huge pile of boxes in the school office collected from the Primary school), is that God will fill them with even more love and that those children will come to know Him and His love through those boxes and the incredible work of Samaritan's Purse with Operation Christmas Child!

If you have not already done a shoebox this year, please visit the Operation Christmas Child site for more information: it is not too late to completely change a child's Christmas and possibly their life! :) You can even do a shoebox online! No finding a box, wrapping it, shopping for it, or packing it! 

I'll leave you with my tune of the moment, 'I was here' by Beyonce, as you think about how you can help someone else this Christmas! :) 

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day, until I died
And know that I meant something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see

I just want them to know
That I gave my all, did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because

I was here


Blessings!

Ronell x



No comments:

Post a Comment