Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas everyone! Today, we celebrate the birth of Christ- the gift God sent to the world to save and redeem us. To those of you reading this who are not Christians and feel offended by this statement- I apologise that this causes you offense. To me, this is the greatest and most loving gesture of all and today, more than most other days, I just wanted to express my gratitude for this.

I think today so many of us will have been caught up in tradition, presents and food- LOTS of food! All these things are great and truly enjoyable, but unfortunately, when we become consumed by anything (particularly our own needs and wants), we lose focus on what is truly important… think of all the people today who are alone, or homeless, or without food or material possessions. Even when we consider ourselves to be ‘broke’ or not to have ‘any money’, we are still richer and more fortunate than most.

Today, a group of members from my church (re:generation church) performed an incredible act of service today: they gave up their Christmas day with their own families to cook for and fellowship with people in our church and our community who are homeless or alone on Christmas day.

My challenge to you today is simple: reach out to those around you during this holiday time. If they are homeless, or alone, give them some time, or invite them to fellowship and eat with you. Give them a gift that they need or might just like. Things like, they might not have a coat and you might have a few that you don’t even use.. I don’t know, but look for opportunities to give of yourself to others.

For me, I just feel blessed and grateful to actually have my family around me this year and to have a safe, loving environment, rather than one filled with doubt and conflict.

I hope you’ve all had a very blessed and merry Christmas!

Blessings!

Ronell x


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” {John 3v16}




No comments:

Post a Comment