Monday 10 December 2012

Oxfam Unwrapped: Using Nectar Points to fund Oxfam initiatives


Over the course of my last serious relationship, I discovered how rewarding it is to own and use a Nectar card! I know, it sounds silly, but it is actually really worth it! Nectar is a loyalty point scheme, where you collect points every time you make a purchase and swipe your card, or make an online purchase at selected stores. You can then trade in your points either for discounts in store, or for experiences and other rewards.

Nectar have been really smart and teamed up with many online and physical shops to allow you to collect and spend Nectar loyalty points to maximise your point-earning potential. My favourite Nectar eShops include Sainsbury’s, BP, Amazon, asos, ebay and iTunes (to name a few). Search their directory to see which of your favourite stores are on there (you’ll be surprised how many there are!).

Well, up until recently, I have been spending these Nectar points on myself, but then I discovered a fantastic new joint initiative that they are doing with Oxfam and am now no longer spending the points on myself, but earning and saving them to spend on in the Oxfam Unwrapped section of the Nectar site, helping disadvantaged and impoverished people and families to change their lives. This means that you can significantly change the lives of others without spending any actual money!

Here are the current available choices:

·      Share in a Farmyard
·      Feed a family
·      School supplies
·      Chickens
·      Care for mums
·      Educate a child
·      Goat
·      Teach a teacher


Go on, change someone else’s life and help to give them a brighter future this Christmas!

Blessings!

Ronell x

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” {Acts 20v35}





No comments:

Post a Comment