Monday 10 June 2013

Baptisms @ re:gen :)

Tonight's evening service at re:generation church was just inspiring! We had a special baptism service where 7 new/newish Christians were officially baptised into the faith. I was asked to be one of the sponsors and it was just such a privilege and  a blessing to be a part of it.

The testimonies that we heard about the struggles that God had rescued them out of were very emotional, but just such an amazing reminder of the mess that God has rescued each Christian out of and the incredible power He has to continue to do the same in the lives of others. I am really particularly bad at remembering this, which is part of why I often struggle to witness to others: I think I have to do it in my own strength and totally forget that I can't and that God will do it in His!

Seeing all these people's non-Christian friends and family sit in church and be a part of the service just really reminded me of the importance of witnessing to others and getting them to church so that they have to opportunity to hear the Word and encounter God for the first time. I am determined to invite more people to church and to be braver in my evangelism! I encourage you to do the same! We heard tonight how one person's  evangelism (aged 16 at the time) saved so many lives (3 of which were baptised tonight!) and it really puts me to shame!

My resolve is: do what God puts on your heart, speak to who He directs you to, say what He asks you to say and He will do the rest! 

Blessings!

Ronell x

"Then they went from town to town, instructing the believers to follow the decisions made by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem. So the churches were strengthened in their faith and grew larger every day." {Acts 16:4-5}






No comments:

Post a Comment