Sunday 9 March 2014

Lent: Day 4 // Connecting with Others

-------------------------------------------------------------------
{Lent} Day 4:

40 acts // Connect // We can live on the same road for twenty years and never learn the names of those we share a street address with. We can use the same corner shop every time we buy a newspaper, and still have no idea about the man selling it to us. Today we invite you to become aware: to look up, look around and really notice those you come into contact with. Strike up a conversation in the process, and learn their name. It’ll be important later on…




Today I met a lovely man named Khalil who works at the Sainsbury's mobile car wash. 
We had a brief, but very lovely conversation and he ended up giving me a discount for 
a car wash and wax and offering to take my trolley. He was really sweet :) 
I guess he did this challenge back to me! :)


Live Free // Read and reflect on Isaiah 58. What cords do you have tied around you? What do you need to be free? How could your freedom help to set others free? #BeFree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope your Lent efforts are still going strong!

Blessings!

Ronell x





"1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, 
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, 
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, 
but do not have love, I gain nothing."

{1 Corinthians 13:1-3}



No comments:

Post a Comment