Wednesday 16 January 2013

Christine Caine and Francis Chan: Get Personal!


I was working late tonight, so I decided to listen to some talks by some of my favourite speakers while I worked. I was really inspired by two in particular, so I thought I would share them.

I searched for Christine Caine and found a talk that she did at Passion 2012 about making a difference. After this, I found a video by Francis Chan (from the same conference) entitled Just Do It.

Both of these talks where focused on loving others through action and how we have to make things personal for them to really take effect in our hearts. Christine and Francis both talk about how 27 million modern day slaves is a massive statistic, but how it has so much more impact when you meet that one person who has suffered / is suffering, or when you think of it in terms of your own life: your friends and family, your children, or even you yourself could easily have been one of those 27 million!

Both of these talks left me with a real need and drive to become more active in fighting for the rights of those who are trapped in modern day slavery and subject to terrifying, brutal and often fatal journeys into the dark underworld of human trafficking that is still very much alive in this day and age.

I encourage you to listen to both talks on YouTube:

Blessings!

Ronell x

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” {John 15v13}




No comments:

Post a Comment