Sunday 1 September 2013

Bake Sale {Mandela Day} 27 / 67 ways to change the world

One month to go until my initial 365 day challenge is complete! :)

As promised on Mandela Day 2013 (19.07.13), this is part of my series on their 67 suggested ways of changing the world. This one comes under the category of 'Help Out for Good Health:


27. Bake something for a support group of your choice.


I love the idea of baking and I love eating baked goods, but I just don't seem to get round to actually baking! Some of my friends are phenomenal bakers though, so they spoil me :) Recently, my church (regeneration church) had to fundraise for our latest mission trip. One of my friends suggested a bake sale as one of the fundraising methods and it really worked! He didn't just do a one off, but instead, he coordinated a group of people who are actually good at baking and asked them to take turns to bake for a bi-weekly bake sale after church. It was a great success and he raised lots of money! So, choose a charity or organisation and start baking (or if you're a non-baker, rope your friends in to bake for/with you!).

Blessings!

Ronell x



{photo credit: http://fimrc.sa.utoronto.ca/events-2012/bake-sales/}

No comments:

Post a Comment