Tuesday 3 September 2013

Start A Community Garden {Mandela Day} 28 / 67 ways to change the world

As promised on Mandela Day 2013 (19.07.13), this is part of my series on their 67 suggested ways of changing the world. This one comes under the category of 'Help Out for Good Health:


28. Start a community garden to encourage healthy eating in your community.

I have a few friends now who have vegetable patches and fruit trees in their gardens who regularly cook and bake using these ingredients! I envy them 1) because I wish I had the patience to grow my own fruit and vegetables and 2) because I wish I had the patience/motivation to bake (note to self: increase patience outside of the classroom!!). Either way, the food they grow themselves is so much fresher than the stuff we buy (and to mention has way less chemicals to contend with!). So, whether you start growing your own and sharing with friends and neighbours, you set up a growing scheme at school, or you petition for a community garden, set yourself to help enable others (and yourself) to eat more healthily!

Here are some tips on how to start a community garden: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/community-garden.htm

Blessings!

Ronell x

{photo credit: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/community-garden.htm}

No comments:

Post a Comment