Tuesday 12 February 2013

Standing in Big Shoes


Recently I have been worried about whether I am able to actually accomplish what it is that God is setting before me. The more I read, pray and have discussions, I realise the answer is NO! I am not able to achieve the path God has put out for me to do in my own strength, BUT this is not a cop-out! It is pointing directly to the fact that we are unable to accomplish our purpose in our own strength, but we are able to do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13) and we should not be daunted by the tasks He sets before us.

I read the following post on Joyce Meyer’s daily online devotional, which really helped me to process this point:

Standing in Big Shoes
by Joyce Meyer - posted February 12, 2013

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. —Joshua 1:5
Imagine how Joshua must have felt when God told him he was to take Moses’ place and lead the Israelites into the promised land. Moses was an amazing leader. Who would want to try to fill his shoes?
God told Joshua he would succeed not because of anything he had in the natural but because He was with him. Moses was successful only because God was with him. God told Joshua the same thing would hold true for him if he believed. God kept encouraging Joshua to be strong and confident, to take courage and not be afraid. In other words, He told him to believe!
Put your faith and trust in God. He will give you the strength to stand and accomplish whatever He asks you to do.
{From the book Ending Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer.}

So be diligent in working towards the purpose that God has set before you! This may not be becoming a missionary, or spearheading a major human rights campaign, but it may be something simple like being an amazing parent, or visiting your lonely, poorly or elderly neighbours, or teaching where God has put you. Whatever it is that you feel on your heart as your calling (short term or  long term), be diligent in pursuing it, knowing God has you covered!

Blessings!

Ronell x

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” {Philippians 4:13}



No comments:

Post a Comment