Friday 22 March 2013

You Are What You Think


Today was a tricky day for me- we had a bit of a crisis on hand at school and I had to figure out a solution on a strict deadline! Naturally I just wanted to stress and panic, but God just impressed peace on my heart and the need for a positive mental attitude. I prayed and I just did what I could, but God miraculously gave me peace and showed me a way out! I was so relieved!! It just showed me once again how our attitudes towards life, circumstances, ourselves and others really dictates the level of peace and calm in our lives.

In today's post on Joyce Meyer's daily devotional, she wrote about our attitudes and thoughts and the effects they have on our lives, so I thought I would share. Remember: don't think about how big your problem is, think how big your God is!

Blessings!

Ronell x



{Joyce Meyer}

For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]. —Philippians 4:8
We are what we think. What we think about truly determines our character, our emotions, our attitudes, and our decisions. Our thinking has a direct impact on our lives.
For example, if we think unkind thoughts, we become unkind. If we think loving thoughts, we become loving. If we think angry thoughts about a person, we often do not treat him in a loving way. The same principle applies to circumstances and situations. If we think things will go well, that’s often the way we experience them.  I am not saying that we can control everything that happens to us with our thinking, but if we think right it can sure improve the quality of our journey.
Today’s Scripture is so important because it tells us exactly the kinds of things we need to think about. The verse encourages us to think in the most positive ways and to “fix [our] minds” on the virtues it mentions. This means we are not to allow our minds to be easily distracted from them. 
God wants us to discipline ourselves to think right thoughts—He knows that right thinking is one of the best ways we can love ourselves and other people.
Love Yourself Today: Think happy thoughts and be a happy person!
{Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer}



No comments:

Post a Comment