Wednesday 14 November 2012

21 Ways to get involved with the A21 Campaign (16/21): make videos viral


I am unwell at the moment, I guess partly because I have caught a bug (virus), and partly because it is time for me to take a step back from the go-go-go of my day-to-day life and “stop, look and listen”, as I say to my Reception class at school. As frustrating as a long stint of being ill in bed is, it can also be a really great time for prayer, reflection and re-evaluation of what we do and why we do it.



To be completely frank, I have been challenged about how I am actively trying to change/improve the lives of others. Yes, I am technically campaigning by writing this daily blog and trying to put it into practise in my own life; yes, I work with the youth group at my church; yes, I get involved with outreach; but WHY? Have these things all just become a normal part of my life? Part of an ever-increasing schedule? Or am I being driven by a calling to make a difference? The answer is both, but a little bit too much ‘it is just what I do’ and not enough ‘it is what I am called to do’.

So during my forced time of reflection this week, I have been looking through YouTube videos from different charities, causes and about different people who really dedicate themselves to those causes to make a positive difference in the world. And you know what? I want to be one of those people. Not just someone who does enough to ease their conscience, or tick a box, but someone who so deeply loves and is so passionately called, that they are fully sold out to a cause. I am yet to find that particular cause, but I hope that this blog and this 365-day-long journey will be the key to doing that.

Anyway, to finally come to the ‘point’ of this post… number 16 of the A21 Campaigns 21 ways to help spread awareness of human trafficking and put an end to modern day slavery: make videos viral!

The A21 Campaign is passionate about spreading the word about human trafficking through visual storytelling. The best way to get the word out and gain momentum is by sharing the video with your friends, who will in turn share it with their friends, and their friend’s friends! A great example of this is a project undertaken by James Corben, who did a spoof ad to raise awareness for SightSavers UK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIDLArYsK0&feature=player_embedded. They also have this video that can be used in schools (maybe assemblies) to drive home the issue of human trafficking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYT3O8EN1T0&feature=youtu.be. This video, featuring Matt & Beth Redman and LZ7, shows the making of the music video for '27 million', referencing the 27 million modern day slaves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ15rbJUnNM&feature=youtu.be . Download the track on iTunes!

So grab a camera and some friends. Come up with a silly/funny/clever/totally serious video to promote the charity/cause of your choice (the suggestion here is A21 Campaign, but promote what YOU are passionate about!). You can help spread the word by making our videos go viral. Click here to see the latest videos from the A21 Campaign.

Blessings!

Ronell x

“Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people their rebellion and to the descendants of Jacob their sins.” {Isaiah 58v1}









No comments:

Post a Comment