Wednesday 21 November 2012

I am Second: 22 day challenge


{information from I am Second site}
--------------------------------------------------
I am Second is a movement meant to inspire people of all kinds to live for God and for others. Actors. Athletes. Musicians. Business leaders. Drug addicts. Your next-door neighbor. People like you. The authentic stories on iamsecond.com provide insight into dealing with typical struggles of everyday living. These are stories that give hope to the lonely and the hurting, help from destructive lifestyles, and inspiration to the unfulfilled. You’ll discover people who’ve tried to go it alone and have failed. Find the hope, peace, and fulfillment they found. Be Second.
You are here for a reason. We all have needs and could use some help. Talk to us. Call, chat, or email. 24 hours a day.
Go a step further, talk with the people in your life. Spread the revolution of Second. Share the videos with friends. Start an I am Second Group in your neighborhood, workplace, or school or join an I am Second Group already meeting.
Volunteer at concerts. Serve through I am Second community service events. Organize your own I am Second events. Sign up for an I am Second Expedition to help people in other countries. Check out Get Involved for other opportunities. Connect with us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
I am Second is designed to help people discover their purpose in life. Have you discovered yours?
To find out more about the people and leadership team behind I Am Second you can check out Who We Are.

--------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon I am second through YouTube video that somebody shared and I was so challenged and inspired by it that I started to look at the decisions that I was making through the filter: ‘Am I Second?’. More often than not (in fact, almost all the time!), the answer was a huge, resounding ‘NO!’. I was really challenged to apply this filter to all my major decisions and I think mostly I do now do that (clearly not always). And then I became challenged to apply it to more medium-sized decisions. Now I am finally starting to realise that the ‘Am I Second?’ filter needs to be applied to ALL my decisions, even the ones that I think ‘why would God care about THAT??’. But the truth is, He does. God SO LOVED that He gave His ONLY begotten Son to DIE for US (John 3v16), so clearly HE CARES! And the honest truth is, that by filtering even insignificant decisions in this way, you are becoming more attuned to His voice and you are practicing obedience.

A suggestion I have for you with ‘I am Second’, is to take the 22 day challenge of so that you can be a catalyst for change! How does it work?

* Watch the I am Second film of the day.
* Send a link to that film to someone that comes to mind.
* Take the action step for the day.
* Pray for people in your city to experience the freedom of living Second.
You will be encouraged as you watch each day's I am Second focus film. You will grow stronger as you take each day's action step. You will have the fun of forwarding I am Second's films to others. You will see change as you pray for your city.
We are Second when we put Jesus First. Seconds are bold to lift up Jesus and tell others. Are you ready to

So go on, take the challenge! You never know the difference you can make to someone’s life in the few minutes it takes to do this challenge!

Blessings!

Ronell x

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” {Romans 12:1-2}


No comments:

Post a Comment