Monday 5 November 2012

21 Ways to get involved with the A21 Campaign (10/21): show your stuff!


I was inspired by a speaker at Soul Survivor 2012 (http://www.soulsurvivor.com/uk/ss2012/). A woman named Julia spoke about how she rowed the Atlantic with a small team of women to raise funding and awareness for the A21 Campaign. I was so touched and inspired by her story and the horrific statistics about human trafficking and modern day slavery that I knew I could not turn my back on it and walk away. I knew my life and my purpose had changed in that moment and now I am endeavouring to live it out in any way that I possibly can.

The first thing that I started doing was to tell people about human trafficking and the horrifying statistics like:

      Human trafficking is the second largest global organized crime today, generating approximately 31.6 billion USD each year. Specifically, trafficking for sexual exploitation generates 27.8 billion USD per year.
      There are 1.39 million victims of commercial sexual servitude worldwide.
      90% of victims trafficked into the European Union member states will end up in the sex industry.
      Tragically, only 1-2 percent of victims are rescued, and only 1 in 100,000 Europeans involved in trafficking are convicted.

The second thing I started to do was to start this blog, where I could openly share my views and the causes that are near to my heart. Today’s challenge is to basically do this: share what you know by doing something that you enjoy/are good at.

You can write a blog about why we should fight human trafficking; paint a picture and display it publicly; use a sports event to raise awareness and funds; write a song or talk about human trafficking at a concert; create a short film and post it on www.youtube.com. Use what you do best to make a difference!

Blessings!

Ronell x

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully” {Romans 12:6-8}



No comments:

Post a Comment