Monday 26 November 2012

Samaritan’s Purse: Gifts for the Needy


Today’s post is not about online shops that source ethically made gifts you can buy for friends and family that will make a difference, but rather about giving gifts to the needy at a time of year that should be all about giving.

This post was inspired by the fact that my school did a drive for Samaritan’s Purse to get as many filled Christmas Shoe boxes (presents for needy children) as possible. I had posted about this initiative in October and definitely wanted to do at least one of these, but it ended up that I did not have time to make up a shoe box :(

It really bothered me that I had not made a physical shoe box full of toys, educational and hygiene items in time for my school's collection, so I went online and found out that I could do it online!

I chose the wrapping paper, the age and gender of the child I wished to give a present to and could then choose the items to go inside. It is not as personal as doing it myself, but definitely better than not doing it at all! There is even the option just to send a pre-made box if you don't have enough time to select what is inside. You can also send multiple of the same box that you create to save time and ensure that more children receive gifts this Christmas.

Go online and make/send a Christmas shoebox- the time, money and effort it takes to make it is nothing compared to the joy it will bring to the child who receives it!

If you would like to give a gift that benefits many people this Christmas, you can also go to the Samaritan’s Purse’s Giving Catalogue and select a gift to buy or a project to donate to. You can even buy a gift voucher (£7+) to give to friends and family for them to choose how they wish to do good this Christmas through the work of the Samaritan’s Purse.

Gifts range from £4-£100, so that means there is one to suit every budget this Christmas!

Please give generously and change somebody’s Christmas!

Blessings,

Ronell x

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” {Anne Frank}










No comments:

Post a Comment