Saturday 24 November 2012

1 month to Christmas - tips for ethical shopping & gifts that keep giving


OK, so in my world, today is the earliest that the Christmas countdown should begin: 1 day and 1 month to go! (in my family, presents are opened on Christmas Eve) I can’t believe this year has gone so quickly!! But with Christmas once again just around the corner, the thing on my mind is Christmas shopping… what do I buy for who and from where?! And the more I read about forced labour and unethical practices by so many companies, the more confusing this issue gets!

So I thought I would try to help anyone who is trying to make a difference by giving you some daily options and information to help you buy gifts that are ethical and can both bring joy to the people you are giving them to, and make a difference to the lives of others!

To start with, I thought I would draw your attention to Not For Sale’s Apparel Report, which details how ethically organizations that make clothing, etc conduct themselves.

Next, the ethical holiday shopping guide which is guidance on how to make purchases that do not promote modern day slavery. This is supported by Shop to Stop Slavery, who also have a section on their site where you can make ethical purchases: http://www.shoptostopslavery.com/shop-now/shop-for-merchandise  

This series will continue well into December, so do continue to keep checking on suggestions of ethical online shops and companies on here. If you have information that suggests anything that I have posted is incorrect, please comment below or email me to ronell1984@gmail.com and I will research/update/correct. Please also contact me with ideas for ethical shopping, or any other general charities or causes that you would like me to blog about.

Blessings!

Ronell x

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” {Mother Teresa}



No comments:

Post a Comment