Sunday 21 April 2013

Accident


Tonight, I was in an almost-very-serious accident. Someone cut across a lane to get to an exit and nearly crashed at a high speed into my driver side door. Luckily, I sped up to avoid it, but he still hit my rear passenger door, making my car spin over 180 degrees across two lanes, facing oncoming traffic! Another oncoming car nearly hit my car as well, but luckily I was able to get off the road and onto the slip road where the offending car was waiting.

At first he tried to accuse me, but when I pointed out the road markings and the fact that my car had spun around and was nearly hit again, he realized he was indeed at fault. His friend who was in the car came over and checked that I was not seriously hurt (which I luckily was not- praise God!) and said that he was just glad it is just scratches on cars (unfortunately the damage was much more than that!) than people being seriously injured. And he was so right!

I could have been very seriously injured today, but I was not (just stiff and sore from the impact/spin). It is just a car= a thing. It may be basically new. It may be beautifully purple, but at the end of the day, it is just a possession and not something that holds eternal value.

Sometimes it is so easy to get so caught up in the value of things that we forget what really matters: people. God calls us to love, value and help other people, but often we allow money and things to get in the way.

I challenge you to re evaluate your priorities and to see where other people come in your list of priorities. If we are focused on self and our possessions, we have a very narrow view of the world, but if we are focused outwards towards people, our view becomes broadened and concentrated on serving others as God commanded.

Blessings!

Ronell x



No comments:

Post a Comment